Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Pandora

Today I had a falling out with my Pandora and it wasn't pretty.

Normally she (yes, I've personified my Pandora) seems to understand me better than anyone else, but today was a musical disaster. I really thought we had worked through our issues. Excuse me while I vent.


I don't have time to pay a ton of attention to her, so the beginning was a little rough. My go-to station at work is my 'Adele' creation. We had our fits and starts, but Pandora eventually learned that I like to have actual Adele songs at only interspersed intervals. I can't handle all of the heartache entrenched in her lyrics. I mean, all 'Make You Feel My Love' makes me feel is that I want to die.


I have spent months nurturing my work Pandora and so I REALLY didn't appreciate a live rendition of Beyoncé's 'If I Were a Boy'. I was aggravated, no horrified, that Pandora thought I would even consider giving this monstrosity the coveted thumbs up. Bey, you my girl, but this song is atrocious. Good thing you did a very magical rendition of the Etta James' "At Last" and that I'm still reeling from the loss of one of the great female vocalists of our time. I'm vulnerable.


'If I Were a Boy' was not my only issue with Pandora today. I felt as though she was out to get me. I can only imagine her Cheshire Cat smile when she selected One Direction 'What Makes You Beautiful' for my listening displeasure. 


Did I do something wrong? Here I thought Pandora and I were ride or die. You think you know someone...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice.