Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Cheer up, Graduates

I can't speak for anyone else, but I was obsessed with getting free t-shirts during my tenture at Syracuse. While the majority of my collection boasts that telling orange only socially acceptable on campus and/or at Sign of the Whale, I have a fully loaded arsenal of t-shirts for organizations to which I was not an active member. My most prized free t-shirt is definitely my Vagina Monologues t-shirt (because how was I supposed to resist a black tee that said VAGINA in hot pink right across my back?)

After graduating, I thought my free tee days were over. I'm pretty sure part of my tuition money went toward supplying them, and I somehow doubt that any of my tax dollars go toward free clothes (although who really knows, amiright?)

Luckily, I was so wrong. Today at work all Washington staff received this fateful e-mail:

"In celebration of summer and the upcoming Olympics, *Baby Spice and *Jay Gatsby will be delivering FBD t-shirts shortly to everyone.  Enjoy!!"

Naturally my first reaction was to jump up, THROW the door to my office wide ass open and proclaim, "OMG, FREE T-SHIRTS, HURRY TO ME." As soon as it arrived I put it on, popped the collar and took myspace pics with my friends. I still haven't taken it off. Also haven't unpopped the collar.

Despite the free shirt from work, I'm still feeling a bit nostalgic for Syracuse. However--I'm taking solace in this fact: As a 2011 graduate, my "Home to the Dome" t-shirt handed to me sometime during late August 2007 is now officially vintage.

The real world isn't so bad.
(*Names have been changed to protect the innocent)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice.