Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A's Analogies: Game of Thrones

True or False?

Game of Thrones : Men : Fifty Shades of Grey : Women


I just don't get it. I am officially three episodes into GoT and I remain undecided. So far the show has boasted a surplus Lord of the Rings inspired sex, which is okay, but not much progress in character development. I'm not yet rooting for or against anyone; which is curious because I normally overidentify with characters remarkably early on in my TV relationships (Peggy Olson, "Flynn" Walter Jr. [jk], Lisa Simpson).

Things Working in GoT's Favor:
- Somehow, on a cast list filled with larger than life kings, conniving queens and vengeful nomads--the show's biggest BAMF is a surly, yet shrewd, dwarf.
- 'White Walkers' as potentially deeper and more complex versions of the Walkers I'm accustomed to (The Walking Dead).
- Everything about Arya Stark.
- Adorable/loyal wolves.

I have to say--this list is disappointingly short. I know many people (albiet mostly males) who love Game of Thrones. I suppose I'll continue forth on this particular quest to quench my thirst for addictive TV, but GoT needs to step it up. Asap.

1 comment:

Play nice.