Monday, February 4, 2013

Newest VIP Member of the Cult of Domesticity

Two of my roomies from yester-summers are serious foodies (Hi, guys). The instagrams of their culinary creations are breathtaking. Truly inspiring. So naturally, when one of them asked me to blog about my contribution to the Superbowl Party I attended yesterday, how could I ignore it? If Tim Gunn were to tell you he was interested in knowing more about the process behind your fashion choices, wouldn't you oblige? It's called a "breakout moment."

This past weekend I decided to go beyond the call of snack duty and really try to make a truly delicious and memorable finger food. Despite my best intentions to produce something incredible I knew the competition for Queen of Domesticity at this particular Superbowl Party was going to be fierce. Football shaped pizzas and football cake calls were present--and they were amazing. Observe:




To help me on my quest, one of my #1 ladies at work gave me this recipe, and I'm convinced it has changed the way I will approach BYOS parties from this day forward:

Mac and Cheese Poppers

You will need:
Most of a Box of Elbow Macaroni
Most of a Bag of Sharp Cheddar Cheese (2% milk)
Most of a Bag of Mozzarella Cheese (Part Skim)
1 Cup Italian Bread Crumbs
1/4 Cup Skim Milk
2 Tablespoons Butter
2 Eggs (or just 1 egg if you get one of those alien eggs with two yolks...)

Pre-heat oven to 425F. Or whatever. Stir everything into a bowl except the macaroni. Then add the cooked macaroni to the mixture and scoop it into a greased cupcake tray. Fill the spaces generously because ain't nothin in this recipe gonna make it rise. Cook those b's for 22 minutes. Let cool for 10 mins for proper congelation. Eat those b's. Humble Brag.

Viola.



Having this recipe on a hand will undoubtedly prove to be a necessary coping mechanism to deal with me not winning a free Papa John's pizza coupon from the coin toss promotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice.