Monday, January 14, 2013

American Legends: A Dominos Pizza Story

I ordered myself a pizza from Dominos last week (specifically, the fiery hawaiian pizza). I ate it alone. In my bed. With my cat. I committed more than half of the seven deadly sins that night. I got a MEDIUM because, let's be honest, a medium can be justified but a large pizza for one is indicative of a serious emotional void.

I've spoken with a few friends about Dominos and a clear consenus has emerged: at some point between high school and now Dominos really stepped up it's game. As far as I can tell, Dominos has all but completely dominated the lion's share of the "I'm too lazy to research local pizza places and I just want to build my pizza online, watch my chosen toppings fly onto aforementioned pizza (in real time) and have it delivered to me" market. That's a BIG market, people. I took my search to the streets (the internet) and, low and behold, a recipe change in 2009. Garlic crust, you are my spirit animal.

But this isn't so much about the pizza than it is about me ordering the pizza for myself. This is 2013 Allison and she loves pizza more than ever. Sorry I'm not sorry.

1 comment:

  1. I was always a big Dominoes defender, but even moreso after the earth-shattering crust change of 2009. Good research to uncover that nugget. Impressive.

    Keep up the good bloggin.

    ReplyDelete

Play nice.