Sunday, March 18, 2012

Bud Light

After a successful St. Patrick's Day weekend, I feel it would be most judicious to express my appreciation for a friend that has never let me down during drinking events:



Bud Light.

Bud Light has been there for me throughout my college years and now beyond. When I need a microphone to accompany me during my my metamorphosis from Normal-Allison ----> Ke$ha-Allison, Bud Light is there. When I'm watching any sporting event, Bud Light is always my plus-one. When Journey sneaks its way onto a bar's playlist, Bud Light is always right there next to me--two lifelong friends that won't stop believin'. 

When there's a long day of drinking ahead to celebrate a heritage that I don't identify with, Bud Light is there. When Syracuse Hoops continues to pull through despite the absence of Fab, Bud Light is there. My standard summer outfit of cut-off jorts and faux-bans is never complete without my favorite blue accessory--Bud Light (or Bud Light Lime if I'm feeling a little funky).

Living in the most powerful city of the free world can be a challenge at times, but perhaps the greatest challenge of them all is enjoying a night out without blowing $40 on drinks. You want a vodka soda? You better take out a loan for that. Fancy a vodka redbull? Legend has it that some bars charge $15 per drank. Bud Light would never do you dirty like that. BL is a familiar face on Happy Hour specials lists, sometimes for as little as $3. A round of this trusty brew will carry you through any event without breaking bank.

So here's to you, Bud Light. My confidant, my partner in crime, my beer of choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice.