Wednesday, March 14, 2012

In Defense of Trash TV

There are a few personality quirks that make me Allison. One of those things is my love for Latin America. Another characteristic is that I value the relationships I have with my pets more than the relationships I have with other people (generally). Most importantly, I love trash television. MTV, TLC, VH1, whatever network Sarah Palin's Alaska show is on...you name a network, there's a show I just have to watch. Among the many stars, there is one brilliant supernova...

Teen Mom

There is nothing better than coming home after a long day of reality and sitting in front of the TV watching miserable people procreate. If I had a rough day, it would honestly make me feel better to watch Leah and Corey's marriage crumble on TV. If you would just give Trash TV a chance, I know you'd love it too.


Is there anything more satisfying than watching Janelle and Keifer (sp?) and their tempestuous relationship? Nothing. If anything, I'm learning from them. It's educational. I appreciate my relationships more. I'm grateful that my boyfriend isn't homeless and doesn't need me to bail him out of jail.

I definitely will not completely disparage the people who argue that shows like "Teen Mom" and "Sixteen and Pregnant" glamorize teen pregnancy and young motherhood, but to those people, I simply present Exhibit A:



After years of watching Teen Mom, I am no more likely to want to have sex and subsequently have a child with this creature.


The point of watching TV is to be entertained. It's a chance to escape from the real world after having to think about the world all day long at work. Haters need to open their minds a little. You'll never look back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice.